1. Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and dried mustard. Dredge ribs in flour mixture and brown in olive oil in a medium skillet.
2. Place onions and garlic in the crock pot and top with browned ribs. Pour beer (or broth) over ribs.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
4. Remove ribs and onions and place on a serving platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and water and add it to the beef juices in the crock pot. Set to high and stir until juices thicken into gravy. Pour gravy over ribs and serve.
Recipe courtesy of The Butcher Shoppe.